FALLOUT from a controversial Kyabram District Football League game at Avenel last month is far from over.
Avenel’s Ryan Lambert received a four-game ban from the league’s independent tribunal on Monday night last week for unbecoming conduct.
Lambert faced the tribunal as the result of a long-winded investigation that Merrigum requested following the round six game between the two clubs at Avenel Recreation Reserve on April 29.
The Swans player pleaded guilty to the unbecoming conduct charge involving Merrigum star Daniel Clarke, that occurred after the senior game had finished.
Spectators, including Clarke’s two children, were on the ground when the incident occurred.
Merrigum won the game by 14 points as the Swans, grand finalists last year, slumped to a fourth straight defeat to open the season.
The hearing was meant to have taken place on May 29, but was pushed back a week after Avenel requested an investigation of its own.
The Swans wanted an investigator to look into an alleged incident with Clarke on the same gameday as Lambert’s charge.
AFL Goulburn Murray league operations manager Grant Wilson said the KDFNL agreed to a request to extend the period allowed to request an investigation.
‘‘There’s initially five days to request an investigation, but the league can also extend that to 30 days under AFL Victoria rules and Avenel requested that happen on this occasion and it was granted by the league within the timeframes,’’ Wilson said.
The accredited investigator is expected to report his findings by the end of next week.
● In the Murray Football League, Nathalia’s Jarrod Maskell and Rumbalara’s Stephen Fulkey accepted set penalties for striking and will miss two matches.